All Results in images

showing 126-130 results of 183 [
]
Te Kuiti Temporary Native Hospital, 1918.
During the influenza pandemic of 1918, known as 'the plague of the Spanish Lady', temporary hospitals were established to care for the sick. Pakeha patients were treated in the Warmington
Waitomo County Council 1910.
The first known photograph of Waitomo County Council was taken in 1910. The first chairman of Waitomo County Council Alexander Scholes is seated in the centre of the photograph and
Burnside Golf Club.
The opening of the Burnside Golf Club 12th November 1927. This building is located at Te Kuiti Aerodrome and is now the venue for Waitomo Aero Club. (PHOTO: Te Kuiti
Te Kuiti Borough Council & Coronation Library.
The Te Kuiti Borough Council Building and Coronation Library in Rora Street, Te Kuiti were opened by Premier Thomas Mackenzie on 24 April 1912. This photograph was taken by Charles
Miss Lillian Hayes-Melling.
The first librarian in the Waitomo District was Miss Lillian-Hayes Melling pictured here at the opening of the first public library in Te Kuiti in1906. Miss Melling served as postmistress