Topic: Waitomo District Centenary 2004

Topic type:

"Waitomo District - 100 years young!" 20th November 2004.

The Waitomo County was constituted by Act of Parliament on 20th November 1904. Prior to that Waitomo was part of the Awakino County. The original Waitomo County included the townships of Piopio, Te Kuiti and Otorohanga (which was part of the Waitomo County until 1922), with the Mokau River forming its southern boundary. A week of events were held during November 2004 to celebrate 100 years of Local Government organised by Chairman John Barton and members of the Waitomo District Centennial Committee. 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion