Topic: Te Kuiti & District Historical Society Inc

Topic type:

The Te Kuiti & District Historical Society Inc is a repository of information, photographs and memorabilia from Te Kuiti and the Waitomo District.

The Society is located in the Historical Building in Queen Street, Te Kuiti. This building was designed by Colonial Architect John Campbell in 1908 and was formerly the office of the Public Works Department.

The Society's purpose is to preserve both Maori and European historical records and photographs of the Waitomo District and its people, and to encourage interest in matters regarding preservation of the District's history within the community.

It is open to the public on Tuesdays from 9.30am to 3pm or by appointment (contact Chairman Jim O'Halloran on 07 878 7582).

Volunteers also staff the Society's Heritage Cottage which is open daily at 239 Rora St, Te Kuiti and depicts the life of early settlers.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License
Te Kuiti & District Historical Society Inc by Dawn Marsh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License